The Admissions Process
Before a child may be considered for admission, the School must be provided with the following:
- A fully completed Application form Click Here
- A fully completed Pre-interview form Click Here
- A non-refundable registration fee. This covers the processing of the application for admission. It applies to all applicants, including those returning after an absence from The British Overseas School of one year or longer. This fee is valid for 2 years.
- All school records for the preceding three years, the results of any formal assessments, such as standardised testing results, and the findings of any psycho-educational assessments that may have been undertaken by the prospective student.
- A birth certificate or passport verifying the child’s date of birth and nationality.
- Two photographs of the child
- Parents NIC/Passport copy
- One passport sized photo of each parent
After receiving the required documentation the School may:
- Decide not to take the application further.
- Place the application on the waiting list for that year, if a place is not available in the child’s appropriate year group. In this case, the ‘Assessment Procedures’ will only come into effect when a place becomes available or is expected to become available.
- Proceed with the ‘Assessment Procedures’, if a place is available or is expected to become available.
If the School wishes to continue the procedure, the following will be taken into consideration when determining whether or not to offer a place:
- The results of an interview with the child’s parents/guardians.
- The results of the School’s entrance assessments, which are designed to indicate the childâ€™s current academic standing in a number of core areas and their academic potential as well as their ability to work with and relate to others.
- The strength and merit of past school reports.
For admission enquiries please contact Sabrina Bayat at